We’re pleased to confirm that we’ll be playing at this year’s Supernormal, a great little festival in rural Oxfordshire on the 9th to 11th of August. Fellow psych-rockers Hookworms and Mugstar are also on the bill, along with a host of other bands, musicians, artists, workshops, and children’s activities: “Somewhere in spirit between the original Glastonbury Fayre and an eccentric village fête.” Tickets only £75. Full details at their website.
Archive for the Gigs Category
Our collaboration LP with Black Tempest The Sun Behind The Sun on Cardinal Fuzz Records is now up for pre-order at Piccadilly Reccords and Norman’s Records. If you prefer to patronise your local independent vinyl emporium, they can order it from Forte. The release date is still T.B.C. but it’s looking like early June. For those without anachronistic analogue playback equipment, a CD version in a mirror card sleeve will be available direct from Cardinal Fuzz.
Meanwhile, we have two gigs in Manchester: on 22nd of May we’re supporting Come at Ruby Lounge, and on Sunday 26th we’re on a bill topped by a new experimental supergroup Uneven Eleven, featuring Kawabata Makoto from Acid Mothers Temple, Charles Hayward from This Heat and Guy Segers from Univers Zero, at Kraak, hosted by Fat Out Till You Pass Out (website/facebook). Advance tickets at wegottickets. We have ‘cheap list’ places available for both of these shows so feel free to get in touch if you want to be on either of them.
We have two exciting gigs to announce, next month in Manchester:
- Wednesday 22nd, we are supporting Come at Ruby Lounge.
- Sunday 26th, we are on the bill with new experimental supergroup Uneven Eleven (featuring Kawabata Makoto from Acid Mothers Temple, Charles Hayward from This Heat and Guy Segers from Univers Zero) at Kraak, hosted by Fat Out Till You Pass Out. Advance tickets at wegottickets.
The full fantastic line-up for 22nd March at Wharf Chambers, Leeds is now confirmed:
Tickets £6+fee at Wegottickets.
See below for important venue information.
You must be a member of Wharf Chambers Co-operative Club, or the guest of a member to attend. Membership costs £1 and requires a minimum of 48 hours to take effect. Online joining form at wharfchambers.org; you may pay the fee and collect your membership card on arrival.
Firstly a quick glance back to 2012, in which we played more gigs and released more records than in our entire previous history, such as it is. Our EP Astral House and CD album Lupus have made it onto several ‘best of the year’ lists, including: Arno de Liefde, Sloucher, Revolt Of The Apes and Cosmic Tones. Thanks all! More audio goodness is on its way in 2013.
One item of news for the moment: we have booked our first gig of the year, on 22nd of March at Wharf Chambers in Leeds, supporting former Heads guitarist/songwriter Paul Allen in his Anthroprophh guise, backed by fellow Bristolians Big Naturals. Full details on the event Facebook page (click on ‘…See More’ for all the gen).
As previously noted, we’re having a break from gigging over the winter, but there’s plenty else going on:
- We have a track on this compilation released by Rock Prodigy Radio for World AIDS day, on sale for December only.
- Our collaboration with Black Tempest, The Sun Behind The Sun, will be released in January by Cardinal Fuzz records. This will be on limited edition coloured vinyl LP, and the sleeve artwork is looking very special indeed. Some reviews are already coming in – here’s one from Mr. Atavist. There’s a taster mix over on our Soundcloud page.
- A recording of our gig at Hebden Bridge Trades Club in October with the wonderful Carlton Melton will be released as a limited edition double cassette by Triangle Tapes.
We’re in the middle of recording some new tracks for various different projects, and we’re also starting to plan some gigs for April 2013 onwards, so if you would like Dead Sea Apes to grace your event with our inimitable brand of instrumental rock music, please get in touch via our contact page.
We are pleased to confirm we will be supporting Agitation Free when they play at NQ Live (formerly Moho Live) on 9th of November. Advance tickets are £15 or it’s £17 on the door, but bring along this flyer and it’s only a tenner in. Alternatively if you don’t want to use up all your black ink, contact us and we’ll put you on the £10 list. Doors open 7:30, we’re on at 8.